Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One of a Million (or more)

Well, it looks like I have joined the ranks of the millions in the USA that are unemployed. I got the news last Wednesday. I have to say that I was completely surprised when it happened. I have known for a few weeks now that lay-offs were coming, but I was told several times by my supervisor that my position was the only one in my department that was secure. They needed me, he said. I guess they changed their minds. I was the only person in the department who was let go. I really wonder what the conversation was that resulted in me being the one they chose. I ran things in that department for the past 3 years. I really was the only person who had a handle on everything that happened there. It doesn’t make any sense to me, or anyone else I talked to about it, (including my supervisor, who was as shocked as I was about it) but I guess it must make sense to someone.

So, I’m now spending my days updating my resume, researching the job market and applying at employment agencies. It’s not too much fun. I hope I don’t have to do it too long.
To make matters more complicated, my husband’s job will be ending in 3 days. I’m not sure how we are going to survive on the unemployment checks of 2 people, but it seems that we may have to figure out how to do that.

My comfort in the matter is that I know that God knew this was going to happen. He knows what we need more that I do and he will not let us fall. It may be that this is a time where we will really have to learn how to trust in him, that he will provide for our needs. I don’t know what he has planned for our future, but I know that I have been working very hard over the past year (more than any other time in my life) to walk in his will and I believe he will honor that.

I’m excited to see how God is going to work out this very difficult situation. Our pastor said a couple of weeks ago that when we ask for a miracle we have to have faith that it will happen and then look for it to come to pass. I’m keeping my eyes open for the miracle that is coming our way.

Please believe with me for the financial miracle that my family needs.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

1 comment:

Jaime Lee said...

Hey Angelique! May God bless you and provide for you, as only He can. Hang in there!! I said a prayer for you and I have a good feeling that you will be okay.